We understand there are concerns about the spread of coronavirus, COVID-19, and are being thoughtful about keeping our patrons safe by following recommended precautions. More cases in the U.S. and our region are expected, but according to medical authorities, the current risk to the general public is low. Artists Rep intends to continue with our public programming, performances, and scheduled events, including our upcoming gala.
Your health and safety as an audience member is important to us, and we want to let you know some of the ways in which Artists Rep is following best practices during this time.
We have started with our temporary offices at Zidell. We are regularly cleaning our public spaces and private offices. We have reminded the Artists Rep staff and artists that each person is responsible and empowered to take necessary precautions as recommended by the World Health Organization1 and the CDC2 , in order to stop the spread of the disease. Those recommendations include:
- Wash hands frequently, regularly, and thoroughly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if hand washing isn’t possible.
- Put distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing (at least six feet).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the usedtissue immediately, and wash your hands.
- If you have fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, stay home and seek medical care early.
- If you are sick, or in direct contact with someone who is sick, please stay home.We have also been in communication with Portland State University, our performance venue for Indecent. They have released a statement4 about their own internal processes and procedures that they have in place.
We will be monitoring public health announcements from Oregon Health Authority3 in the coming days, weeks, and months and will make necessary changes to our programming and schedule if, and when, encouraged to do so by local or national authorities. If cancellations become necessary, announcements will be posted to our website and social media pages. If you are unable to use your ticket, please contact the box office for your options.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 503.241.1278. Sincerely,
Dámaso Rodríguez J.S. May
Artistic Director Managing Director
- World Health Organization, https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Oregon Health Authority, https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/Pages/emerging-respiratory-infections.aspx
- Portland State University Response to the Coronavirus, https://www.pdx.edu/coronavirus-response