In 1986, scientists and engineers from around the world converge at the South Pole Research Station to figure out, among other things, if there really is a hole in the sky. In the darkest, coldest, most dangerous place on Earth, eight imperfect souls are trapped together. Utterly isolated from the outside world for eight and a half months, this research team must face life or death challenges, their own inner demons and depend upon each other for survival.
With epic scope in the tradition of The Kentucky Cycle or Angels in America, this play takes its inspiration from the true story of the discovery of the hole in the ozone layer at the height of the Cold War. Part historical adventure, love story and mystical foray into the unknown, it’s about a world that can either tear apart or come together for its own survival. It’s a vital story for today and an extraordinary excursion for audiences to the ends of the Earth.
ONLY 18 TRIPS SCHEDULED. BOOK YOUR PASSAGE TODAY!
- Epic. Captivating. Unforgettable. A binge-watching theatre experience!
- A 5-part adventure, with three intermissions and a dinner break, click here to check out the menu!
- Award-winning Oregonian playwright
- Limited Run
- Oregon Community Foundation Creative Heights Grant recipient
- Edgerton Foundation New Play Award-winner
HAVE YOUR TICKETS BOOKED? CLICK HERE TO ARRANGE YOUR MEAL!